The Runway 25L Relocation & Center Transitway Improvement at Los Angeles International Airport—LAX has two long Bioswales, one on each side of the new center taxiway, between the taxiway and the adjacent runways. An existing 32” diameter concrete drainpipe that runs through the center of the Bioswales has been retrofitted with inlets every few hundred feet to accept overflow. ERA StormCrates is implemented at the site to manage rainwater and possible overflows.
- Location:Los Angeles International Airport
- Surface Area:13,828 Lineal Feet, Over 2.6 miles of Bioswale
- Installed product61,460 EcoRain ER-502 Double Tanks
- Installation Method32” diameter existing storm drain retrofitted with inlets every few hundred feet in the center of the Bioswale.
- DateProject built November 2006 to March 2008